The Arizona Children’s Center (AzCC) serves the medical and surgical needs of infants, children, and adolescents with family-centered care and clinical research that improves health outcomes. With compassion at the core of its mission, the AzCC is committed to offering excellent, comprehensive care to all children who live in Arizona, including the underserved.
Maricopa Health Foundation is a vital component of the Arizona Children’s Center and is dedicated to improving the lives of our community’s youngest patients. The Foundation supports countless patient service programs, provides funding for medical education and research to improve the quality of care, and performs community outreach to increase patient access.
- Financial aid for patients who are unable to pay for their care
- Travel assistance funds for families to be together while a family member is treated at the Arizona Children’s Center
- Cinemavision MRI Goggles to reduce anxiety associated with MRI procedures. Children are able to watch videos and television, play video games or listen to their favorite music while receiving an MRI, thus reducing the need for sedation.
- Community outreach programs and partnerships with local businesses and organizations to educate families on important child-related health and safety issues
- Teddy Bear Clinics for the community’s children to aid in diminishing children’s fears associated with a doctor visit
- Pain & Sedation Management Conference: worked with Dr. David Rosenberg to coordinate and organize conference and educate medical professionals about the importance of pain and anxiety reducing techniques for pediatric patients
- Support the Child Life Specialists with sensory distraction equipment to ease our youngest patients receiving treatment.
- Accuvein vein finders for every area of AzCC to increase the efficiency of IV starts and minimize patients’ needle anxiety
- With help from the Starlight Foundation and GoDaddy, remodeled the Pediatric Procedure Room to enhance pediatric patient experience
- Toy drives for AzCC in conjunction with the Daisy Mountain Fire Department
- Simulation Newborn mannequin for the AzCC Education Department to train medical professionals on the latest pediatric life-saving techniques