Maricopa Health Foundation is an integral part of the Arizona Burn Center. We help to ensure that every patient receives the utmost care, regardless of insurance coverage or ability to pay. In addition, MHF and the dedicated Burn Center staff have developed a variety of community outreach programs in the areas of burn education, prevention, and care, and are active supporters of research trials and medical education in the treatment of burn patients.
The Arizona Burn Center is the only nationally verified burn center in Arizona and serves as a regional center for New Mexico, California and Northern Mexico. Currently, the experienced staff at the Arizona Burn Center treat over 900 inpatients, 3500 outpatients and 1500 emergency room patients annually, making it the second busiest burn center in the nation.
- Aid in providing treatment for those burn patients who are unable to pay for treatment and/or diagnostics
- Provide families with travel assistance to be near loved ones being treated in the Arizona Burn Center
- Organize Annual Chili Cook Off to raise funds for the Arizona Burn Center
- Develop community outreach programs and partner with local businesses and other organizations to educate on burn prevention
- Developed and published scald prevention books and flashcards with Ruth Rimmer, PhD. The educational materials were distributed to students, and among those who received them, an 80% reduction in scald injuries has been reported.
- Support the Child Life Specialists with sensory distraction equipment to ease our youngest patients receiving treatment.
- With help from the Starlight Foundation and the Phoenix Thunderbirds, remodeled the Arizona Burn Center Tub Room to enhance the quality of care for patients receiving painful debridement procedures.